08 Oct How To Browse The Internet Securely And Anonymously
When browsing the Internet, you are leaving many traces of your online activity in different places. Your IP address and your location are saved in logs of any website you visit. If you are using public, unsecured Wi-Fi networks, your data can be captured by someone in the same network. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) can monitor your online activity – websites you are visiting, how much time you are spending there, what data you are transferring.
In this article, you will find perfect solution to hide your IP address and your location. Your data will become encrypted, so your ISP will see only the stream of encrypted data, but not the actual content. You will gain possibility to visit websites which are not available in your country, for example Netflix.
Maybe you are using P2P networks and applications such as uTorrent or BitTorrent. If so, you definitely need as good as possible VPN provider.
[Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive some commission (without additional cost from you) if you make a purchase using one of the links below.]
Using VPN (Virtual Private Network) is the best solution to the problems described above. Below you will find links to the websites of the best VPN providers in the world. I especially recommend you the first four services from this list. Currently I have 2 VPN services activated – NordVPN and PureVPN and I am really happy with them, so this should be great recommendation for you.
- NordVPN – Best VPN Service
- PureVPN – World’s Fastest, Most Reliable & Easy to Use VPN Service
- Hide My Ass! – Top-Rated VPN Service
- Surf Anonymously – CyberGhost VPN
- SurfEasy – Ultra Fast VPN
- IronSocket – Your Best VPN Service to Torrent, Hide IP Address, Smart DNS Proxy, HTTP Proxy, Socks5 Proxy and More
- TunnelBear – Secure VPN Service
- Hide.me – World’s Fastest VPN And Privacy Protection
- Anonymous VPN Service SSTP, PPTP, L2TP, OpenVPN Provider – EarthVPN
- VPNSecure – Best VPN Service Provider | Worldwide VPN Servers
- TorGuard – Anonymous VPN, Proxy & Anonymous Proxy Services
- StrongVPN.com – Providing High Speed, Unlimited Bandwidth, Multiple Country VPN Accounts for Over 100,000 Users
- SlickVPN Protects Your Privacy And Keeps You Anonymous
Most of the providers listed above offer 7- or 30-days money back guarantee.
Monthly cost of using VPN services is really low these days, and it ranges from 3 to 13 USD. For such low price you can use hundreds of servers located in tens or even more than 100 countries. Data transfer is unlimited. If you choose NordVPN or PureVPN, you will get possibility of using their services on 5 or even 6 different devices at the same time.
NordVPN offers access to the servers with static and dynamic IP plus a few servers with dedicated IP – all these features included in really small price. Transmitted data are encrypted with 2048-bit algorithm, which is not common feature amongst other companies. All servers are grouped by location and by application. Servers grouped by application are divided into several categories: Anti DDoS, Ultra Fast TV, Double VPN (your traffic is routed by 2 VPN servers in different countries; this is the second unique feature of NordVPN), Tor over VPN, Dedicated IP servers, Standard VPN.
PureVPN is a provider which offers the fastest servers in the world. There are more than 750 servers in 141 countries. Thereby PureVPN gives you access to over 88,000 IP addresses around the world.
Every provider offers 1-month, 6-months and 1-year (and/or 2-years) subscriptions. The most cost effective option is naturally 1-year (or 2-years) subscription. The best solution is to activate any service from the list above for only 1 month and if everything is alright, you can then choose 1-year (or 2-years) subscription and thereby save some money.
Every provider gives you applications for Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS and sometimes Linux.
If you would like to download any VPN extension for your web browser, I can recommend you ZenMate. They are offering an access to servers in Romania, Germany, Hong Kong and USA totally for free. Bear in mind that their free servers can be such loaded that your connection speed may be low. For about 9 USD per month you can gain access to servers located in 28 countries.
The last option you can use is installation of OpenVPN application and downloading free configuration files from VPN Gate. This solution is not perfect yet. Most of the servers found there have low connection speed or they stop working after a few hours since downloading their configuration files. If you want to use VPN connection only once or twice, this solution can be great for you.
- If you would like to check your current IP address and your approximate location, type “my IP” into Bing or Google and visit any website from your search results.
- Remember that you should have your operating system and other applications updated and use reliable antivirus system such as Kaspersky or Norton.
* Update (28th August 2017): Prices of VPN services can be lower or higher than given above since it depends on providers of those services.