WordPress is well-known and very popular platform for creating blogs and websites. Furthermore, there are many WordPress plugins which can help you increase usability, performance and security of your websites. Some of them are available for free and some are paid. Below, you will find a list of all the valuable plugins installed on this blog:
- Akismet Anti-Spam – one of the best plugins to protect your blog against spam in comments.
- All In One SEO Pack – very popular and one of the best plugins for SEO purposes.
- Contact Form 7 – one of the best and the most popular plugins for creating contact forms on websites.
- Contact Form 7 Honeypot – adds anti-spam functionality to the forms created with Contact Form 7.
- Envato WordPress Toolkit – manages installation and upgrade processes of Bridge theme used on this website.
- GetResponse Forms by Optin Cat – creates optin form for email marketing (available on the right sidebar on this blog). If you want to use this plugin, you should create your account on GetResponse website and use this tool for sending newsletters. Optin Cat also provides plugins for another email marketing platforms.
- Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights – plugin created for easier connecting your Google Analytics account with your blog or website.
- Google XML Sitemaps – creates XML sitemap and sends all your updates to the biggest search engines, which makes optimization of your website easier.
- iThemes Security – one of the most effective and the most popular plugins created for increasing security of WordPress platform.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com – the next plugin for increasing security of WordPress.
- SG Optimizer – significantly speeds up loading of your website (this plugin is available for SiteGround customers only).
- ShortPixel Image Optimizer – one of the best plugins for compressing images. It managed to reduce sizes of my images by 30% although they had been previously compressed with tinyjpg.com and WP Smush.
- ThirstyAffiliates – stores and manages affiliate links.
- Wordfence Security – the second of the best WordPress plugins for better security.
- WP Rocket – the best available plugin for speeding up WordPress sites.
- WPBakery Visual Composer – facilitates building websites.
- WPS Hide Login – changes default path of the WordPress login page to the one of your choice. It should protect your site against potential hacking attempts.
Almost every plugin given above is free. Some of them offer free as well as paid versions.
Additionally, you may be interested in checking the next few great plugins for your website. I don’t use them actually, but I know that they are very good and popular: